GILS is also effective for developing teamwork and enlarging influencing skills of workers
The GILS-model was presented by instructing its workings for the generative interaction between Leader and Co-Worker. Be aware as we stated that the workings of the model are equally applicable for the interaction of:
- leader with others as bosses, collegues, consultants, cliŽnts, providers etc:
- co-worker with collegues, cliŽnts, etc.
In this way The GILS-model can be viewed as a general model for training of all WORKERS in influencing behavior.
Especially suitable it is for the training of management- and projectteams in behavioral skills in TEAMWORK. In these teams complex generative interaction processes of a high level have to take place. These demand for the principles the GILS-model works with:
- collegial (horizontal) interactive generativity wherein all workers (leader inclusive) bring knowledge and ideas into their common situation
- unilateral and multilateral interactivity, negotiating and sometimes commanding
- respect for each member's professional competences wich generates their continuous commitment and input during the teamprocess
- generating new insights and high quality solutions dķring interactions